- This event has passed.
March 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
What does social-culture mean to you? How do different social-cultures bring us together, or keep us apart?
We met on March 23, 2018 at the Ilume in Dallas to talk about socio-culture and racism. Check out videos, pictures, and some of the survey responses below!
- What might your definition of preference be?
- I’m inclined to want to give separate answers for social preference and sexual preference. A social preference is, I would think, some trait or pattern of traits im drawn to in social settings because they feel familiar or comfortable to me.A sexual preference is a trait or pattern of traits in drawn to because they turn me on.
- Would you say we all have discriminating tendancies against those within our own social/sexual culture groups?
- Yes, but some racism is misplaced by fear and/or socioeconomic situations. Some people have a degree of racism for not having been around people of a different race for most of their lives. I find most racism is derived from ignorance and sometimes a lack of exposure to people different from themselves.
- Based on your observation of the Dallas LGBTQIAH Social Culture, do you perceive it as integrated or segregated?
- I think if you take Dallatude out of dallas we don’t really have a race/social culture issue. Dallas boys just be some stuck up asses and I don’t think it’s race related.